Available in both virtual and in-person, instructor-led formats, this Chilled Water Systems seminar will teach you how to keep your system running efficiently, whether it keeps people or equipment cool. Students will learn about components used in chilled water systems, uses and applications of chilled water systems among many other things. This seminar is perfect for anyone looking to increase their knowledge about chillers, cooling towers and other chilled water systems.
This 2-day seminar is just $1,195.
Download the Chilled Water Systems brochure
What is Virtual Instructor-led Training (VILT)?
Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT) is a live audio and video classroom experience over the internet with 100% interaction with the instructor, from the comfort of your own home or workplace. All you need is an internet connection, a microphone, and a webcam, and you can join the session from anywhere. With full audio and video capabilities, you are equipped with the tools you need for maximum learning. Visit our Virtual Instructor-Led Training page to learn more about the benefits of VILT.
View My Saved Seminars
Day One - Discussion Topics
Day One examines the basics of chilled water systems including chillers and cooling towers. We’ll do an overview and review heat theories so students understand why things happen.
Chilled Water Systems Overview
- Component tasks
- System design
- Codes and standards
Heat Transfer Theory
- Properties of matter: solid, liquid, vapor
- Laws of Thermodynamics
- Heat transfer theory:
- Principles of heat and temperature measurement
- British thermal unit, specific heat
- Sensible heat latent heat, superheat
- Gas laws
- Atmospheric pressure, vacuum
- Pressure/temperature and pressure/volume relationships
Compression Refrigeration Cycle
- Refrigeration cycle, change of state of refrigerant
- Heat transfer within the refrigeration cycle
Day Two - Discussion Topics
Day Two introduces advanced topics such as refrigerants and equipment components, heat rejection systems and principles of heat movement.
- Refrigerant composition, including new blends
- Refrigerant oils
- Refrigerant handling: recovery, recycling, reclamation
- Compressors: reciprocating, scroll, screw, rotary, centrifugal
- Evaporators: tube-in-shell, tube-in-tube, coil-in-shell
- Condensers: water-cooled, air-cooled, evaporative
- Metering devices:
- Thermostatic expansion valve
- Electronic expansion valve
- High and low side floats
- Auxiliary refrigeration equipment
Heat Rejection Systems
- Cooling towers
- Evaporative coolers and condensers, heat exchangers
- Cooling tower operation and maintenance
- Water chemistry for open and closed re-circulating systems
- Glycol systems and fluids
- Principles of air movement
- Wet-bulb and dry-bulb temperatures
- Relative humidity and dew point temperatures
- Psychrometric chart exercises
Looking for Additional HVAC Training Courses?
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Upon completion of this seminar, the student will receive a certification of completion with 8 classroom hours (.8 TPC Training CEUs) per day attended. Visit our continuing education units page to determine if this class is accepted by your state licensing agency.
All of our courses are backed by our No Risk Registration & Money Back Guarantee