These free, live, 1-hour webinars provide topical information and discussion on issues that are critically important to our customers. In each webinar, you will be guided by a TPC Training instructor and have the opportunity to ask questions.
Date/Time: September 15, 2021 at 2 PM EST
Speaker: Ryan Smith, Director of Technical Content, TPC Training
Note that this webinar is being co-hosted with Plant Services.
There are 2 important components of learning for highly technical jobs in today’s workplace – building foundational knowledge and developing practical hands-on skills. How can both of these components for learning be delivered in a digital environment? Join TPC and Plant Services for this 1-hour webinar where we discuss what’s possible in the realm of digital hands-on learning.
- Is it possible to learn “hands-on” in a digital format?
- Methods of learning in a virtual environment; simulations and skills-based activities
- How to adopt a digital troubleshooting curriculum that gives technicians the ability to diagnose and repair machinery quickly, effectively, and safely.
- How effective can digital learning be to solve for safety concerns, machine downtime concerns, time off the floor, etc.
- Real-world scenarios for how organizations utilize digital learning to accomplish learning goals
Date/Time: September 30, 2021
Clean water is essential to our communities and this informative webinar will describe how water flows through our lives. Water is one of the most plentiful resources on the earth but access to clean water is becoming more challenging for many of us. This webinar will cover the complete cycle water travels from drinkable water to wastewater and back.
- What happens when you flush your toilet?
- How does wastewater treatment work?
- How does water flow in the system?
- What do operators do to treat the water we drink?
Date/Time: October 22, 2021
We know that it is critical to avoid downtime in your facility and this webinar will focus on the most efficient way to troubleshooting issues with your hydraulic systems. Components that make up standard hydraulic systems components to best practices in troubleshooting make this webinar valuable for the entire maintenance team.
- Hydraulic principles
- Core components of a hydraulic system
- Safety and maintenance
- Best practices for troubleshooting a hydraulic system
- Most common issues and failures
Measurement Tools for HVAC Technicians and How to Use Them
Date/Time: December 12, 2021
HVAC technicians use a variety of tools to troubleshoot and understand the operation of the air conditioning systems they work on. Join TPC Training for this free public webinar that will cover some of the most useful tools for an HVAC technician and how to use them.
- HVAC pressure gauges
- Temperature measurement devices
- P-T Charts
- Humidity measurement devices
- Other tools of the trade
How to Read Your International (IEC) Style Electrical Schematics
Date/Time: January 14th, 2022
Electrical schematics are one of the most important tools for any electrical worker looking to troubleshoot and understand their electrical systems. Having the skills to understand symbols and logic in an electrical diagram can save valuable time and man-hours on the job. Join TPC Training for this free public webinar crash course on International style electrical schematics on how to read them.
- Compare International vs. North American overall schematic features
- Most common electrical schematic symbols
- Power vs. control circuit
- How to troubleshoot using international schematics
Understanding Multimeter Measurements for Electrical Troubleshooting
Date/Time: February 11th, 2022
In this technical webinar, TPC Training explores the readings of an electrical multimeter when electrical troubleshooting. In this webinar, we discuss AC and DC voltage readings, Ohm readings, and Ampere readings using the amp clamp, and how to interpret their readings when measuring electrical control panels. Does a "0" voltage reading mean the circuit is de-energized? What does "OL" mean on the resistance setting?
Understanding the Refrigeration Cycle as an HVAC Technician
Date/Time: March 11th, 2022
When troubleshooting an air conditioning system, one of the most important skills an HVAC technician can have is understanding the refrigeration cycle. In this webinar, we break down the working parts of the refrigeration cycle and how it translates to the operation of an air conditioning system.
- Core components of the refrigeration cycle and their location
- Understanding of heat transfer throughout the air conditioning system
- Understanding the relationship between temperature and pressure
- Understand the terms of superheat and sub cooling
- Best practices for troubleshooting an air conditioning system, using an understanding of the refrigeration cycle
Did you miss one of our webinars? View our previous webinars here.
Ready to attend a training seminar?
Browse topics, locations, and register for seminars: live.tpctraining.com