Available in both virtual and in-person, instructor-led formats, this two-day Instrumentation, Process Measurement & Control course teaches proper troubleshooting and maintenance of plant systems and equipment to reduce downtime and save money. A “replace-part-when-broken” strategy for maintaining equipment is frequently the most expensive approach you can take. To be effective, maintenance technicians who fix equipment must know why a part needs to be changed out in the first place. In this seminar students will learn what, where and how to measure parameters for the proper monitoring and control of their equipment. When something breaks, they’ll now know why. With this understanding, they will be able to work much more efficiently on the industrial systems and processes for which they are responsible. A sound knowledge in instrumentation and control is certain to result in better-qualified technicians and less equipment failures.
This 2-day seminar is just $1,195.
What is Virtual Instructor-led Training (VILT)?
If sending employees to off-site training is not convenient, virtual training is a cost-effective alternative. Virtual training provides live instruction through live online classrooms. All employees need to take a virtual instrumentation and control training course is access to a computer with an internet connection, a webcam, speakers, and a microphone.
Virtual instrumentation training provides all the benefits of a physical classroom, including face-to-face instruction, instructor feedback, and group discussions. Hands-on instrumentation training is possible through the integration of simulation training, which provides a safe virtual environment where students can practice their newly developed skills in real-time.
Visit our Virtual Instructor-Led Training page to learn more about the benefits of VILT.
View My Saved Seminars
Day One - Discussion Topics
Introduction to Process Control
- Operation of the nozzle and flapper value
- Bellows receiver unit
Measurement of “Pressure”
- Units and Pressure Standards
- Construction and Operation of typical industrial pressure instruments
- Calibration of pressure transducers and transmitters
Measurement of “Level”
- Units and Level Standards
- Construction and Operation of typical industrial level instruments
- Calibration of level transducers and transmitters
Measurement of “Flow”
- Units and Flow Standards
- Construction and Operation of typical industrial flow instruments
- Calibration of flow transducers and transmitters
Measurement of “Temperature”
- Units and Temperature Standards
- Construction and Operation of typical industrial temperature instruments
- Calibration of temperature transducers and transmitters
Day Two - Discussion Topics
Selected Analytical Measurements
- Electrical Conductivity
- Chemistry 101
- Redox Potentials
- ORP Measurement
- Ion Activity Measurement
Industrial Process Control Symbols
- Understanding ANSI/ISA-S5.1 process control symbols
- Understanding and Drawing Process and Instrumentation Diagrams
- Understanding and Drawing Instrument Loop Diagrams
- Using process control diagrams to troubleshoot industrial control systems
- Purpose and use of control valves, actuators, and positioners
- Significance of valve coefficients and sizing considerations
Proportional Control Concepts
- First Order Lag calculations
- How to calculate Dead Time
- Adding Manual Reset to Proportional Control
- Case Studies
Proportional & Integral Control Concepts
- Additional Process Dynamics
- The dynamic behavior of control valves
- Tuning PI controllers
- Case Studies
- Open Loop Tuning Methods
- Closed Loop Tuning Methods
- Case Studies
Common Industrial Applications & Case Studies
Applications For Use In Your Own Facility
Looking for Additional Electrical Training Courses?
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Upon completion of this seminar, the student will receive a certification of completion with 8 classroom hours (.8 TPC Training CEUs) per day attended. Visit our continuing education units page to determine if this class is accepted by your state licensing agency.
All of our courses are backed by our No Risk Registration & Money Back Guarantee
Block Purchase Program
If you have a large number of people attending a variety of different training seminars, a block purchase might be right for you. Learn More